HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The Board of Directors of:
RICHARDS DRY DOCK & ENGINEERING LTD, ALICAT WORKBOATS LTD., AND SOUTHTOWN CRANE HIRE COMPANY recognise that a successful business is aligned with a safe working environment and as such are committed to ensuring, as far as reasonably practicable, the Health, Safety and Welfare of all our employees, contractors and visitors whilst on our premises.
This will be achieved by:
• Operation and continual improvement of robust Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Compliance with all relevant statutory legislation, Gardline Group or other agreed requirements
• Implementation and continual improvement of an occupational risk management system
• Consultation and communication with our employees on matters affecting, or potentially affecting their Health and Safety
• The setting, monitoring and reviewing of Health and Safety objectives and targets
• Providing and maintaining safe and effective plant and equipment
• Provision of suitable and sufficient occupational Health and Safety information, training and instruction to enable all staff to carry out their jobs competently
• Ensure that all employees are aware of and carry out their responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety
• Effective selection, monitoring, control and communication with all our contractors to ensure that they are fully aware of and compliant with our Health, Safety and Environmental expectations
• Co-operation with appropriate authorities and bodies to ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are met
Although Directors, Management and Supervisors have a prime responsibility for Health and Safety, and the Health and Safety Advisor has a responsibility for ensuring compliance with all relative legislation, every individual has a legal duty to ensure that the Health and Safety of themselves or others are not affected by their acts or omissions.
This means that every individual has an obligation to carry out all tasks safely and to stop any job or task if the consider the risks involved to be unacceptable.
Adequate and appropriate resources will be made available to ensure that this policy is complied with. The aim of the board is to actively encourage, support, support and promote best Health, Safety and Environmental practices in order to create a culture where everyone is aware of their own responsibilities, and are actively engaged in promoting them to the benefit of both themselves and the company.
Signed: M Wooltorton
For and on behalf of RICHARDS DRY DOCK & ENGINEERING LTD, ALICAT WORKBOATS LTD and SOUTHTOWN CRANE HIRE COMPANY.